Many groups are purchasing instruments for use in labs that have been historically in cores:
IMSERC can assist with installation, maintenance or troubleshooting typically at < 50% of vendor costs and with faster turnaround.
- First half hour consultation free
- After that, staff rates apply based on actual time spent
- Groups specify maximum charge before work stops
- Typical response is 1 day
- Groups purchase parts as needed
IMSERC will also provide proposals to care for instrument for long term maintenance of equipment.
Past successes include:
- HPLC Maintenance: Agilent requires degassers to be sent in for repair (~$3,000). Many can be repaired for < $100 and most for <$1,000.
- Mass spectrometer moves: IMSERC moves for ~25% cost of vendor move
- Vacuum equipment / mass spectrometer repair (recover down instruments with < 1 day turnaround)
- Extensive experience with turbo pump controllers / mechanical pump motors
- Board troubleshooting
- Facilitization assistance for new equipment
To request service, email Andy Ott to schedule a service call.
NOTE: IMSERC cannot perform the following work
- Decontamination of equipment prior to maintenance (must be completed by groups)
- Hot electrical work
- Anything requiring defeating an interlock or violating NU policies