- Atomic structure determination from either single crystal or powder diffraction data using X-ray, Neutron, or Synchrotron radiation
- Identification and structure determination of unknown crystalline samples (coupled with elemental analysis)
- Purity analysis of bulk samples using powder diffraction
- Structure determination of nanoparticles and amorphous materials
- Two-dimensional micro-diffraction of samples with small volume (~ 1 ug)
- In-situ monitoring of reactions, structural or phase transformations, and/or decomposition (coupled with thermal analyses)
Steps for Starting Projects
- Set up and account in NUCORE:
- Contact an IMSERC staff member before initial submission to validate that your sample is suitable for X-ray analysis. If this is the first time your group is performing X-ray work, start a new project with IMSERC.
- Ship or drop off samples in the X-ray lab (BG62) in IMSERC. You will typically be contacted within 2 business days with data or to set a schedule with you for analysis.