This instrument runs both a CuKα microsource and a MoKα sealed tube. Larger crystals that diffract well can be run on this instrument. The anode can be changed on the fly in the middle of an experiment, so a dual-wavelength dataset can be collected as one experiment. This instrument is available for student use Saturday through Tuesday.
- CuKα IμS microfocus source with Quazar Optics
- Cu beam size ~240 microns
- MoKα sealed tube source
- Mo beam size ~500 microns
- Apex2 Detector
- Kappa geometry goniometer
- Oxford Cryosystems Cryostream 80-400K